Terms & Conditions
General Terms and Conditions for Aerial Video and or Photography
Review any additional quotations provided by us for additional terms and conditions related to the specific services performed.
From here on the word Drone is referred to as an UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) and the wording Video or Photography is referred to as Imagery.
- Imagery services are based on the amount of time spent on site. This includes set up, planning, UAV operation and digital file transfer.
- The Client. Agrees to assist and cooperate with the UAV Operator in obtaining the desired Imagery.
- Pre-shoot Consultations. If required may be subject to additional costs. The UAV Operator shall not be responsible for Imagery not taken as a result of the Client’s failure to provide reasonable assistance and cooperation. The Client agrees work performed is on a best efforts basis in the capturing the Imagery.
- Images. The UAV operator will endeavour to capture the Imagery as requested by the Client, providing there is sufficient time for the UAV operator to stage and execute the shoot and that there is no risk of any damage to property or any safety concerns for the public or spectators. The UAV operator has the right to refuse any unsafe or unlawful UAV flying operations.
- Operational Changes. The UAV Operator may request changes if it is determined that any flight operation could impair the operational safety of the equipment, persons, property or violate local, state or federal laws (including privacy).
- Imagery digital files will be made available to the on a Client supplied storage device, ideally immediately after the Imagery has been completed. The Client has full unlimited but non-exclusive rights to use to reproduce photographs and may print or use media any way they see fit.
- Booking Deposit. A 50% deposit is due at the time of making the booking. The remaining 50% will be required before any Imagery files will be released to the Client.
- Cancelations. Booking deposits are non-refundable if the Client no-longer proceeds with the scheduled, confirmed work. The Clients original date can be changed (for that particular job) at no additional cost, providing that the day is available for the UAV operator.
- Copyright. The Author of the Imagery grants the Client unlimited but non-exclusive use to reproduce the Imagery supplied.
- Equipment can malfunction or become damaged at any time. In the event that equipment malfunctions or otherwise becomes damaged at the time of the aerial work, the Client agrees to provide full payment of the hours worked until the time of the equipment malfunction or has become damaged. The remaining time not worked will be refunded in full and Imagery taken up until that time will be supplied to the client.
- Poor Weather Conditions. The UAV Operator or the Client may request rescheduling of the Imagery in the event of poor weather that only includes rain or high unsafe wind conditions up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled work, cloudy conditions do not include poor weather. On the day of the event if poor weather exists, the UAV Operator will contact you in advance. If contacted by telephone or email, or upon arriving at the shooting location and it is determined that weather is beyond the UAV’s safe working parameters, the UAV Operator may cancel or reschedule. If the UAV Operator cancels on the day before any aerial work has commenced a $250 fee will only be payable. If aerial filming has commenced as agreed upon by the client at the scheduled time and has latter been cancelled due to poor weather, then the client will be charged for the imagery as originally quoted. All efforts will be made to obtain the imagery as originally quoted, taking into account the current and expected weather conditions of the day.
- Travelling Time may apply for traveling more than 60km from the UAV Operators primary location and will be included in the quotation when it is provided to you.
- Client Permissions. The client must obtain the relevant permissions for certain UAV operations to take place. This permission is often required for locations like parks, major landmarks or private property and is very similar to the usual requirements for the undertaking of normal filming or photography. If required, the UAV Operator can look into these approvals and will pass these additional costs directly onto the Client. If these approvals are not obtained by either the Client or the UAV Operator and the Imagery cannot proceed due to any person with the relevant authority to cease the UAV operation than the original quoted cost will be charged to the Client. It is strongly recommend that all of the locations where the UAV is to be operated be submitted in writing so that the areas can be revived and the Client will be given additional advise via email in the quotation that will be supplied.
- The UAV Operator is solely contracted to Client and therefore the Client must understand these Terms and Conditions before accepting any quotations by the UAV Operator.